Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Advisor to the Steel Bridge team – 9/12 to present
- CEE Curriculum and Assessment Committee – Chair – 7/12 to present
- CEE Hiring Task Committee – Chair – 5/12 to 8/12
- CEE Promotion, Tenure and Policy Committee - Member - 9/13 to present, 9/11 to 9/12, 9/01 to 9/07, and 9/93 to 9/98, Chair - 9/95 to 9/98, This committee was search committee for three positions from 9/04 – 9/05.
- CEE Search Committee – Chair – 9/06 to 5/07
- Associate Chair - 9/98 to 8/04. The Associate Chair responsibilities included managing the undergraduate curriculum for the BSCE program and, to a certain extent, the BSEEn program, managing curricular assessment for both programs, examining degree schedules for all BSCE and BSEEn students, interacting with the CEE Dept. academic advisor on individual student problems and substituting for the Dept. Chair when he was absent. The Associate Chair was the Chair of the CEE Curriculum and Assessment Committee and was responsible for assisting the Department chair in managing the ABET preparation process for the 2004 visit.
- CEE Curriculum and Assessment Committee - Chair - 9/99 to 8/04. This Committee consisted of the CEE Curriculum and Programs Committee combined with the CEE Assessment Committee and was responsible for curriculum and assessment issues related to both the BSCE and BSEEn programs, including distance education.
- CEE Curriculum and Programs Committee - Chair - 1/89 to 1/90, 1/92 to 1/93, and 3/98 to 9/99
- Ad Hoc Construction position Search Committee - Member - 9/02 to 9/04
- Ad Hoc Goals and Rewards Review Committee - Chair - 9/01 to 6/03. This Committee reviewed and modified the Department procedures used for faculty performance reviews.
- Ad Hoc Water Resources position Search Committee - Member - 6/01 to 6/02
- CEE Assessment Committee - Chair - 5/98 to 9/99.
- MTU Chi Epsilon Chapter Outstanding Faculty Award 96/97 academic year
- BSCE ABET Vol. II preparation – Managed the process in the 91/92 and 97/98 academic years.
- CEE Ad Hoc Charter Committee - Chair - 9/94 to 9/96. Committee developed Department charter.
- Advisor to the MTU Chi Epsilon Chapter, the Civil Engineering honor society - 9/88 to 5/92
- Organization and analysis of Civil Engineering Dept. alumni survey - 3/85 to 5/86
- MTU Chi Epsilon Chapter Outstanding Faculty Award 85/86 academic year