- Washington State University. Ph.D.
Engineering Science, June 1980
- Purdue University. MSCE, December 1975
- Purdue University. BSCE, May 1974
Michigan Technological University
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Professor (present)
- Professor and Chair (July 2008 – June 2011)
- Professor (Aug 2004 – July 2008)
- Professor and Associate Chair (Sept 1998 – Aug 2004)
- Professor (Sept 1993 - Sept 1998)
- Associate Professor (Sept 1987 - Sept 1993)
- Assistant Professor (Nov 1981 - Sept 1987)
Howard, Needles, Tammen & Bergendoff. (HNTB) Design Engineer (June 1980 - Nov 1981)
Structural engineering for bridges and a tunnel
Washington State University Research Assistant (Aug 1977 - June 1980)
Wood engineering research
Perry Oceanographics, Inc. Structural Engineer (Feb 1976 - Aug 1977)
Structural design and testing of manned and unmanned submersibles.
Chicago Bridge & Iron, Inc. Engineer (May 1974 - Aug 1974)
Compilation of structural reports for hydrocracker reactors.