Night view of Michigan Tech








Changing Advisors or Committee Members

While it is hoped that the student/advisor relationship will prove satisfactory for all concerned, in those instances where expectations are not met, it is possible for a student to change research advisors in consultation with the GRC. For student-initiated advisor changes, the student should notify the advisor of the desire to change their advisor as soon as possible. Then the student should identify a new advisor and complete the appropriate paperwork to declare the new advisor with the Graduate School ( For student-initiated committee member changes, the student should work with their advisor to change the committee.